The Black Sapphire is a piece of Apeks diving history, a limited-edition anniversary regulator celebrating 40 years of technical excellence and precision-engineering. With new styling across both the first and second stages, the Black Sapphire features a precision-machined, aircraft grade anodised metal front cover, which retains the crafted machining marks created during its production. The first stage has a super-tough and luxurious Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coating and features five ports as standard to allow for flexible hose routing. The Black Sapphire is packed in a special anniversary reusable case, perfect for storing your kit.
- Available in Yoke or DIN configuration.
- Precision-machined and anodised metal front cover.
- Luxury hard-wearing PVD finish on the first stage.
- 5 ports with heat exchanger as standard.
- Reversible second stage can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed hose configuration and can mount to either side of the first stage.
- The carbon-coloured hose features a swivel joint on both the first and second stage for maximum comfort and range of movement.
- Hydrostatic over-balancing first stage allows the medium pressure air in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient pressure, resulting in superior performance at depth.
- Comes as standard with an environmental dry seal kit which keeps water and contaminants out as well as making the model more resistant to freezing.
- Features the innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) system allowing the diver to change from a large air exhaust to a smaller air exhaust. The larger exhaust provides the best exhaust bubble dispersion while the smaller exhaust is lightweight and compact. Both are included with the regulator.
- A two-stage progressive dual purge to allow the diver to choose the flow rate of the purge.
- The pneumatically balanced second stage has diver-adjustable controls that allow the diver to individually tailor the breathe of the regulator to meet his or her needs.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10c / 50F).
- Supplied in a high quality anniversary case
Connections - Yoke and DIN available
Type of first stage - Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
Body Type - One piece forged body
Number of HP ports - 2 (7/16" UNF)
Number of MP ports - 5 (3/8" UNF)
Environmental Dry Kit - Standard
First stage exterior - Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Coating
Orientation - Convertible LH or RH
Coldwater Use - Yes
Type of second stage - Pneumatically balanced
Opening Effort Control Knob - Yes
Integrated Venturi Lever - Yes
Mouthpiece - Comfo-bite™
Exhaust tee - Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance - YES
Hose type - Braided Flexi-hose